CONTEXT AND FRAMEWORK
In efforts to develop its multimedia platform, Nawaat.org is opening up to creative forces in the domains of art and technology in order to offer more innovative content. We are calling on artists, multimedia technicians, developers, web architects, designers and, of course, journalists to join in our efforts.
Innawaation is our new project aiming to expand our model with tools and content that include the diverse disciplines cited above. Innawaation is a creative media projects incubator structured around a series of residencies and events. These collaborations will take place during sessions that span 3 to 6 months of work, and will be presented online or during exhibitions.
For these residencies/collaborations, Nawaat will provide participants with a production budget as well as individual support in order to develop projects and other media content, notably in close collaboration with its permanent team. Nawaat’s technical and logistical infrastructure plus its human resources will also be available to participants.
- Strengthen the links between art, journalism, new technologies and social and citizen engagement.
- Establish a tradition that involves artists, journalists and techies in a participative and immersive approach.
- Rethink quality journalism and introduce creative tools through arts and technologies.
- Bring artists to take part in citizen and media action.
- Promote access to artistic and cultural content.
SELECTION CRITERIA & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Innawaation is looking for:
- Artists and techies across all disciplines.
- Residents or nationals of Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Egypt and Lebanon.
- Professionals available during programmed sessions for a minimum period of 3 months (between September, October, November, December).
- Individuals with a minimum of 5 years experience in the disciplines and domains cited above.
- Individuals between the ages of 25 – 45 years old.
* Candidates can respond individually or collectively
* Lodging and travel expenses outside of Tunisia are not covered
Artistic projects developed during the residencies and sessions must culminate in a creation that will be presented to the public through Nawaat’s various outlets (web, magazine, exhibitions and other events).
MATERIAL AND FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
Nawaat will provide residents with:
- Honorariums ranging between 3,000 – 5,000 Tunisian dinars.
- Workplace, amenities and miscellaneous expenses.
- Technical and logistical resources (depending on availability).
- Human resources and know-how (editorial training, management and production, technical support and communication).
APPLICATION AND DEADLINES
Candidates’ applications must include:
- Resume + portfolio, videos, photographs of previous work
- A statement of intent not exceeding one page in length, and including: general idea, justification, work methodology, concept and project outcome
Applications can be written in French, English or Arabic and must be sent by email to: email@example.com
- Deadline to submit applications: 15 August 2020 at midnight (as per the time of the email sent)
- Response closing date: 21 August 2020
To know more about Nawaat, visit our site: www.nawaat.org
iThere are no commentsAdd yours