CONTEXT AND FRAMEWORK
In efforts to develop its multimedia platform, Nawaat.org is opening up to creative forces in the domains of art and technology in order to offer more innovative content. We are calling on artists, multimedia technicians, developers, web architects, designers and, of course, journalists to join in our efforts.
On July 22, 2020, Nawaat launched the 1st call for projects for the 1st round (of 4) of Innawaation. Tens of projects were submitted and three applicants were selected. On January 2021, Nawaat launched the 2nd call with two projects selected. On 19 June 2021, Nawaat launched the 3rd call and one application has been selected.
This 4th call aims to expand our model with tools and content that include the diverse disciplines cited above.
Innawaation is a creative media projects incubator structured around a series of residencies and events. These collaborations will take place during sessions that span 3 to 6 months of work.
Exceptionally, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and in order to insure fruitful and rewarding collaboration between residents and Nawaat, Nawaat might adapt its workflow and processes giving priority to projects that experiment new forms of broadcasting that take into account social distancing or lockdown measures.
For this 4th call of Innawaation, Nawaat will provide participants with a production budget as well as individual support in order to develop projects and other media content, notably in close collaboration with its permanent team. Nawaat’s technical and logistical infrastructure plus its human resources will also be available to participants.
- Strengthen the links between art, journalism, new technologies and social and citizen engagement.
- Establish a tradition that involves artists, journalists and techies in a participative and immersive approach,
- Rethink quality journalism and introduce creative tools through arts and technologies,
- Bring artists to take part in citizen and media action,
- Promote access to artistic and cultural content,
- Support creative cultural initiatives that respect physical distancing measures,
- Prepare for the relaunch of cultural activities if the sanitary conditions allows it,
- Explore and experiment new forms of broadcasting.
SELECTION CRITERIA & CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Innawaation is looking for:
- Artists and techies across all disciplines,
- Residents or nationals of Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Egypt and Lebanon,
- Professionals available during programmed sessions for a minimum period of 3 months (between february, march and April 2022),
- Individuals with a minimum of 5 years experience in the disciplines and domains cited above,
- Individuals between the ages of 25 – 45 years old.
* Candidates can respond individually or collectively.
** Lodging and travel expenses outside of Tunisia are not covered.
Artistic projects developed during the residencies and sessions must culminate in a creation that will be presented to the public through Nawaat’s various outlets (web, magazine, exhibitions and other events).
MATERIAL AND FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
Nawaat will provide residents with:
- Honorariums ranging between 3,000 – 5,000 Tunisian dinars,
- Workplace, amenities and miscellaneous expenses,
- Technical and logistical resources (depending on availability),
- Human resources and know-how (editorial training, management and production, technical support and communication).
APPLICATION AND DEADLINES
Candidates’ applications must include:
- Resume + portfolio, videos, photographs of previous work,
- A statement of intent not exceeding one page in length, and including: general idea, justification, work methodology, concept and project outcome.
- Applications can be written in French, English or Arabic and must be sent by email to: email@example.com
- Deadline to submit applications: 31 January 2022 at midnight (as per the time of the email sent),
- Response closing date: February 7th, 2022.
To know more about Innawaation, please visit our project page.
iThere are no commentsAdd yours